Reach Higher With Champlain!

2015_9

Attention admitted Champlain students – this one’s for you!

Last year, Champlain College participated in the Reach Higher Initative, First Lady Michelle Obama’s effort to inspire all students in America to take charge of their future by completing their education past high school. Champlain will again be participating in this initiative during national College Signing Day on Tuesday, April 26 – a day to recognize students across the nation who plan to continue their education.

As a Champlain alumna from the class of 2007, I plan to participate in the Reach Higher Initiative, and I hope that as an admitted student to Champlain, you will too!

Champlain changed my life in countless ways. As a student, I was provided the opportunity to network with industry professionals and constantly improve my skills. I was encouraged to ask questions, learn from my classmates along with the faculty, and to think about how I could impact the world around me. Now, as a staff member, I am able to use my love for the institution and its community to foster the growth of our incoming and current students. As a member of the Undergraduate Admissions Office, I get to have this experience daily – connecting with prospective students like you all once were, and sharing the opportunities you could have as a member of our community and as our next incoming class.

I hope you’ll take the time today to be part of this nationwide initiative and share your excitement to come to Champlain in the fall. Here’s how:

Step 1: On April 26 (Today) take a photo with any Champlain College gear – poster, water bottle, t-shirt, sweatshirt, acceptance packet, etc… or a photo of you on campus if you’ve visited!

Step 2:  Instagram it, Tweet it, or Facebook it. Don’t forget to include the #ReachHigher hashtag and to tag @champlainedu.

We will be resharing/reposting/retweeting posts all day from the @champlainedu accounts – watch for yours!

Nicole Lentine is a Champlain College alumnae and Senior Assistant Director of Admissions.