Admitted Student Day Memories

Admitted Student Day Banner

Admitted Student Day Memories:
Student experiences, highlights and advice

Admitted Student Day at Champlain College is a day you may remember for the rest of your life. Seriously.

For the admitted students who know they will be attending and have already deposited, it’s a window into their future life. For students who have not made a college commitment yet, Admitted Student Day can be a day they decide that Champlain’s hilltop campus will be their home for the next four years.

We thought it would be fun to get some current students to tell us what kind of impact coming to the Champlain College Admitted Student Day had on their college experience. Keep checking in between now and April 16th for the latest posting in this three-part series—it may come in handy.

I Knew Champlain Was #1 on Admitted Student Day

When I received acceptances from my top five schools, I decided that I would go to all of the Admitted Student Days and take a closer look at each one. When I attended the Admitted Student Day at Champlain College, the information sessions taught me a lot more about what the words “Upside-Down Curriculum,” “Core,” and “LEAD” meant.

While I was walking through campus on that beautiful spring day, I met a Student Ambassador who was an Education major. He was so excited about the program and the different opportunities Champlain offered him that I couldn’t help but get excited also. The enthusiasm here is contagious.

He told me about the in-the-field classrooms he worked in, how he got to mentor young students and how he was so excited to continue at Champlain the following year! Hard to get a better recommendation than that!

This exchange got me thinking about how awesome it would be to be this excited about the college I chose, as well as that happy with my major. In that moment, I knew I would be coming to Champlain College in the Fall of 2012.

Julianna Pratt, ‘16 // Early Childhood/Elementary Education

I Met One of My Best Friends on Admitted Student Day

My Admitted Student Day experience was nothing short of amazing. It was my first time ever visiting Burlington, as well as Champlain College. Everyone was so welcoming at check-in, on the bus, as well as on-campus.

At the parent’s reception in Perry Hall, I met my best friend Corinna Baciak. Almost a year later, we laugh together as if we’d known each other our entire lives.

Of all of the college events that I attended during my search, Champlain’s was the best. I was already 99% sure that Champlain College would be my home for the next four years, and because of the amazing people we met and fun events we experienced that day, we placed our deposit with Champlain right then and there.

Dylan Francis, ‘19 // Computer Networking & Cybersecurity

I met one of the Student Ambassadors I work with today at Admitted Student Day, small world!

Silas Cutler, ’18 // Marketing

Stay tuned for more Admitted Student Day memories! To sign up for one of our Admitted Student Days if you haven’t already, click here. To find out more about what to expect, watch our Admitted Student Day Google Hangout here.